Have you tried feeding your kids sushi? My younger two can’t stand to look at it. But this Kids Candy Sushi doesn’t stand a chance with my younger two. It’s great for me because it stays within my budget!
Sushi can be extremely expensive. But sometimes your kids just want to feel like they are eating something really fancy! That’s why I’m super excited about Kids Candy Sushi!!!!
Besides, what child doesn’t like candy? Go to the store, stock up on some candy and summon your Asian culinary skills!
Although I don’t eat sushi, my husband and my oldest love this oriental delicacy. If my husband mentions the word “sushi”, he is overwhelmed with “eewww” and “gross” from our younger two. Honestly, I don’t know if it’s because they don’t like it, but I’d say it’s a fair guess that they just aren’t interested in eating some sort of raw fish as their meal of choice.
As soon as I throw in the word “candy” in front of sushi, I can’t make it quick enough for them. Have fun with this recipe because it’s meant to be that way!
Can you use something besides Rice Krispies in this recipe?
You could use a different type of cereal, but I don’t know how the texture or the taste will differ. The whole point of the Rice Krispies is that they offer a strong base to be able to have that “crunch” of the sushi.
What are some fun ways to create Candy Sushi?
This recipe is just meant to be silly and fun! There are so many ways that you can use this recipe. Make it for a fun birthday party treat or surprise your little ones by having it in their lunch box. Can you imagine the smile on their faces when they upon up their lunch box and have this sushi waiting for them? Seriously, too much fun! This would also go well with Dr Seuss Green Eggs & Ham and celebrating Dr Seuss Birthday, hello 1 Fish, Two Fish!
And if your kids are creative and like to help in the kitchen, stand back and let them run with it. They’ll love being able to follow along with the silly steps and make their own creations. It’s a simple and fun treat to create! As simple as these lunch kabobs even!
Okay, are you ready for this fun recipe? It’s seriously one that your kids are going to LOVE.
Kids Candy Sushi
– 1 package- Rice Krispies Treats (or you can make your own rice krispie treats)
– One package- Fruit by the Foot (Mixed Flavors)
– 1 package- Swedish Fish candy
– One package- Sour Punch Straws, multi-color
Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats, Crispy Marshmallow Squares, Original, Value Pack, 0.78 oz Bars (16 Count)Swedish Fish Candy (Original, 1.9-Pound Bulk Bag)Fruit By the Foot Variety Pack (Strawberry, Berry Tie Dye, Color By the Foot, 36-count RollsSour Punch 6
1. Take and you will want to cut each rice crispy treat in half widthwise. You want to maintain the rectangular shape, but they also need to be thinner so they’re easier to roll. You will do this even if you make homemade rice krispies.
2. Next you will cut 3-4 of the candy straws to meet what the length of the short side of the rice crispy treat is.
3. Now begin to roll up tightly, cut in half, and roll each piece of the fruit by the foot around the outside. Go ahead and stand up each piece so it resembles a slice of a sushi roll.
4. For the sushi pieces with the fish on top: Repeat steps 1 and 2.
5. Now- you will want to roll the candy sushi roll tightly. Next, place a fish on top and then roll or wrap a piece of fruit by the foot to make your completed sushi roll! You want to do this around the entire roll.
6. Serve on a plate and have fun eating the sushi candy!
See how simple this is to make?
Make this candy sushi with your kids in the kitchen
Don’t be afraid to teach your kids their way around a kitchen. Cooking is a life skill that is important and so easy to do. Begin with something easy such as this Candy Sushi.
Make it a day of cooking in the kitchen with your family. You’ll love how much fun they have creating and developing recipes and family traditional dishes. It’s seriously so simple, but it accomplishes a big goal.
It teaches your kids to love working in the kitchen and be able to create. And isn’t that what cooking should be all about?
Teach a love of cooking to your kids
As we watch our kids grow, part of parenting is introducing them to life skills that they can use forever in their lives. Even a recipe as simple as this one is teaching them that cooking can be fun and creative. Instead of worrying about what they are cooking, why not take this time to get them interested IN cooking?
This is one recipe that proves to them that creating and developing recipes is an achievable goal. Isn’t it funny how something as simple as candy sushi can really change their overall outlook on cooking?
Make this recipe be one that you put on your radar for you and your kids. Any time that you get the chance to create together, do so. And while the outcome will be that you get to eat something yummy together, you’ll also get the added benefits of memories spent together!
Don’t forget to print out the recipe for later!
[mv_create key=”14″ type=”recipe” title=”Cute Kids Candy Sushi” thumbnail=”https://awefilledveteranswife.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Copy-of-Cute-Kids-Candy-Sushi-3.jpg”]